Accessing this site

Discussion in 'Disabled Martial Artists' started by WhiteWizard, Dec 20, 2003.

1. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

Does anyone have troubles navigating MAP because of interface issues or screen reading software etc.

The site is currently under the process of being redesigned and any input would be helpful. The new software can be used to implement web content accessibility guidelines and this is being looked at.

Just looking for ideas from you guys about what would help.

2. xubis

xubis New Member

wrong forum?

3. WhiteWizard

WhiteWizard Arctic Assasain

no its meant to be asking people who can't use MAP because of how its coded

4. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

What WhiteWizard is refering to Xubis, is people who use screen readers and assistive technology to read information on the internet, such as dyslexics, or people with a visual impairment.

The only major thing I can think of is the ALT tags, which would take a lot of work to get sorted. I try to avoid using my screen reader for MAP and the internet in general, but thats mostly down to it being rubbish, rather than the sites design.

5. xubis

xubis New Member

oh, sorry ww

6. hongkongfuey

hongkongfuey Kung Fu Geek

not sure it would be that much of a problem. All images should have an alt tag at present except for Avatar images. We could have a screen reader friendly version of the new site which would not show avatar images - or even a full text only format.

[tech talk]
    The new site is based on XML and can support multiple templates so should be easy to customise
    [/tech talk]

It would be useful to know if anyone has any requirements on this front so we can try and accomodate them.

7. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

What about the Printable Version of MAP. If that could be implemented so you could turn it on for the whole site, it would be good for screen readers.