About to lose my temper....

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Su lin, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Hello people.

Right I am virtually at the end of my tether. For about 6 weeks now since I came back from my broken toe I have been trying my best to follow Berardi's precision nutrition, as far as practical anyway. Have I lost ANY weight?

A big fat NO!

Now, I am trying to get down from 69kg to about 60-65 kg just to try and see which is best for me to fight at. I have lost nowt, I know Cosmic said about trying to re-feed then boost my metabolism so any further info would help.

Roughly speaking here is my diet and my training schedule. I know I have asked all this before but I have tried various things and it's not working. I think I have lost inches as I am noticing that, but that's no good if I don't drop the weight. I am trying to work down to a decent walk round weight so I don't have to mess about with big cuts.

Diet: typical day

Breakfast - porridge/semi skimmed milk and blueberries
    Mid morning- low fat yoghurt (1/2 cup) and some fresh fruit
    Lunch- turkey/grilled chicken and tuna with spinach/salad and Good Dressing
    Mid afternoon- Impact whey shake or yoghurt
    Pre training- porridge
    Dinner (post training) - grilled chicken/turkey and quinoa/vegetables

Training: (take last week as an example)
    Sunday- weights/run
    Monday- muay thai (plus intense cardio from sparring) 1hr
    Tuesday- muay thai
    Weds- muay thai
    Thurs - run at lunch muay thai (2 hours)
    Fri- rest
    Saturday - mma (2 hours intense)
    Sunday- 30 mile bike ride

Now, I am going to tweak that regime as last week I trained muay thai an extra night where I would normally run. I know I need to add in more running which I can do during lunch at work, it's just the weights I need to add in before muay thai.This week it's slightly different and I am swapping Thursdays thai for mma (2 hours) .

I know it's going to take a while but any suggestions would be gladly welcome. I do about 4 cheat meals a week. I drink zero booze and lots of water.

2. d0ugbug

d0ugbug learning to smile

Can you add a morning workout just 30min or so? Thats what helped me as well as taking fat stripper it helped me target the fat on my legs. Id also rest on the Sunday and Saturday do nothing at all apart from a walk to the shop etc. Let your body recover fully.

3. d0ugbug

Id also add the weights before running not MT. If your gym is anything like the way I teach my students (the ones who pump weight before coming) are sick as a dog in the class

4. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Thanks :) Can't rest on Saturday as that's my mma training session, that's the problem really, fitting classes in. My mma place is about to open full time soon so I will be re-shuffling my sessions, plus will have hopefully unlimited mat time whenever I want.

Does the fat stripper have any adverse reactions?

5. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Good point, I doubt I could do the warm up properly as we often do things such as strength training which I would fail at :D

6. d0ugbug

Find one that works for you some will have you sitting on the loo all day! This one is the one that I have had the best results from. I would add that fat stripper does work only if you put the work in with it, some people have theyre own thoughts about it but I like the results I have, it helped me move fat from around my legs and bum which i have difficulty shifting anyway.

For your running you could do my warm up in the class : 3min drill

Run from one end of a hall or outside (lamp post to lamp post) when you get to the first one do 10 x sit ups and run back to the start do 10 x press ups. Run back and get the count down to 9-9, 8-8 etc. If you can get down to 1-1 before the time is up work back upto 10. Its a good work out providing you run between the bases and not walk!

Then 3min impact training :

Jog on the spot for 10sec then sprint on the spot for 20sec back to jogging etc (knees chest height always or do you 100 squats). Then go and do your run

Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  7. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

Might you be changing fat into muscle? You tend to weigh more then.

8. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Cheers Doug!

It's a possibility Moi, I mean, people keep telling me I look in good shape and I can see it changing. I'm just an impatient little bugger :D

Thing is I am also training for a 60 mile bike race in 6 weeks time ,so trying to fit that in is a bloody nightmare at the moment!

9. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Its' quite odd that you are having trouble losing weight with that diet. Have you totalled up your daily calorie intake? If the portions are small enough then it is possible you have pushed your body into starvation mode.
    Also, I'm noting only the single rest day, if you start overtraining then the weight loss might slow or stop. If you have a heart rate monitor you should take your resting heart rate first thing in the morning to check that it isn't unusually high - a common result of overtraining.

If you are sure you are not under-eating or overtraining, it might be worth seeing your doctor and asking for a blood test to check for nutritional deficiencies that could be adversely affecting your metabolism.

10. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

Not sure if it's related but (it happened last night) I have had a racing pulse, felt rotten with it last night and couldn't sleep. Woke this morning and it has gone nearly back to normal.

Overtraining seems possible holyheadjch. Damn! It's so much fun too!

11. d0ugbug

Yeah as holyheadjch mentioned overtrain and your body will start to use your muscle mass as fuel a extra training day someplace even mid week would help. Or have a week off (just the one) to let your body recover

12. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

69kg down to 60kg is 15% of your body weight! Assuming you're not actually panda shaped ;), that's a big weight loss and might well not be a realistic/healthy weight for you.

Mitch

13. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I have been 63 in the past, that's about normal for me.I did put weight on when I was off training with my broken toe plus was already a bit bigger after winter so I know it's achievable. Just seems harder this time!

14. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

How come you're having porridge for breakfast? The PN protocol says carbs PWO so unless you're doing some form of early morning training you should be having omelette or one of his anytime meals instead.

Your diet also seems quite low fat, most of his recipes are a fat/protein mix with carb/protein mix after training. Are you following the recipes in Gourmet Nutrition, roughly following his meal guidelines or attempting the Get Shredded protocol?

One more small query, but are you adding in the 3 fish oil caps per meal he recommends?

15. Moi

I think it's the fact you're building muscles as fast as you're burning fat. Same thing happened to my wife. Looked great but weighed more.

16. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

Ah, that'll be your age then.

I said, THAT'LL BE YOUR AGE!

Mitch
    Sorry, sorry, sorry:)

17. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

Also very true, the PN guidelines state to record progress by photo evidence or calipers, if you bought the PN system they throw in a free pair of accumeasure calipers to use anyway.

18. Moi

Have you gotten big across the shoulders?

19. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

How have you been sleeping? (not being a creep (for once), the question is relevant)
    Have you been irritable lately (or more irritable than usual)?

20. Su lin

Su lin Gone away

I think I should start recording it, and using calipers.

I got a little bigger Moi, but not that much bigger. Plus it has gone off my waist and stomach plus my legs are looking a bit different.

AND THANKS MITCH!!!! Cheeky git :D