about editing a movie

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Infinity, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infinity

Infinity -Invincible-

i downloaded a movie from a paid site and it got to 99% and it stoped. does anyone know how i can watch the movie even when not done downloading? is there a software out there that can edit the movie to make it play. its just missing one mb thats it. i think the movie is avi or mpeg. when i double clicked it it opened winamp and nothing happens

2. Durkhrod Chogori

Durkhrod Chogori Valued Member

Are you being honest with us?

It sounds to me you've been using P2P to download Pirates of the Caribbean 2 3, Superman returns... ;) Well mate, it depends of how many users were seeding at the time and how many were leeching cos if the latter were more then son you are screwed. Try again or ask more people to seed.

Bad luck.

3. murphy81

murphy81 GM COMPUTER SERVICES

Are you sure that it didnt completely finish downloading, but not come up with 100%? Sometimes, well most of the time, when you download things (especially P2P) it gets to 99% and then finishes, but you think that it hasnt.

It did happen to me once though (long time ago mind), when I downloaded a copy of The Godfather, and it stopped on 90%, then wouldnt go any further, but the film still worked, and stopped with about 20 minutes missing at the end.

If you ask me, the novelty of P2P is wearing off quicker day by day - I dont bother with it, to much hassle and to risky if you dont have a clue what you are doing, or how it works :rolleyes:

4. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

It depends on what compression method has been used to encode the file, some will let you view what's already downloaded some wont. Try dropping the file into VLC, that seems to have the best recovery viewing rate for incomplete/damaged files. If you can't find the file, the program you are using probably dumps the file into a temp folder, and the files will usually have a file name ending in something like .tmp. Open some up in VLC and see what happens.

5. murphy81

murphy81 GM COMPUTER SERVICES

It could also be in your "incomplete" folder, within My Documents, if you have one, anything that I used to download but didnt finish, always got stored in there

6. Wali

Wali Valued Member

Do any of the other peers (I don't buy your "paid site" story) have the file downloaded 100%? If not, then you know it's a dummy file, placed there by the company who owns the real film/music/game your trying to download, to put people off.

Another thing that happens (With Azureus at least) sometimes, the download stop at 99% and stays there, and keep the upload going, to stop so much leeching. If you stop the download and restart it, it finishes off (assuming it's not a dummy file as previously stated).

What "legal" site are you using? If you are a paying subscriber, they should have a support number to contact.

If your honest about your download method, you'll get better help.

7. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Neither do I..

1.12 Illegal Activities:
    Threads/replies encouraging illegal/unethical action are not allowed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.