A vid clip of Pacquiao fighting at 16!

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by slipthejab, Aug 11, 2006.

1. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

PacMan fans will dig this one... Pac Man at 16 years old I believe and he throws a huge left that catches his opponent right on the bean... WOW!!! :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyv8GsM2nmM&mode=related&search="]YouTube[/ame]

and because who doesn't love a good training vid clip...

Here is PacMan many years later training up for a rematch after his loss against Morales. Just take a look at his handspeed. Unreal. Just unreal. :eek:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3iy17P0OR8&mode=related&search="]YouTube[/ame]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2006
  2. Ecks

Ecks New Member

The second clip was killer. Pacquiao has the handspeed that makes pros cry.

3. slipthejab

Yeah I've been making a total ass of myself today after watching that... walking around the flat pretending to be Pacquiao with that kind of hand speed. :D

My girlfriend thinks I've completely lost it. :p

4. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

It's taken her this long to realise that?! :eek: :D

Awesome videos, his hands are just like a blur!

5. Ecks

Ecks New Member

What makes it all the more amazing is that he can actually apply that handspeed in a real fight - like when he tore apart Morales' body in their rematch.

I sometimes feel he's a little too loose with his hands, but that's just me and a discussion for another thread.

6. Pacificshore

Pacificshore Hit n RUN!

His second bout with Morales was awesome!!!

7. someotherguy

someotherguy Valued Member

cool video

it's interesting to watch the difference between his left & right hand throughout that training footage

8. slipthejab

what I really noticed is that he doesn't turn his heel out much when he punches... his punches seem to come alot from the shoulder? Is it just me that thinks that?!

I love the left jab, left uppercut business. Wow! :eek:

9. Ecks

Ecks New Member

Yeah... a lot of Asian fighters use arm punches instead of body punches - it's by sheer speed and power alone that they still possess the KO ability. I should know... I used to be one. :eek:

10. The Decay of Meaning

The Decay of Meaning Valued Member

I feel handicapped now. :cry:

11. slipthejab

yeah it's just ridiculous his hand speed...
    I have now changed my name to Kid Molasses. :p

12. Jamo2

Jamo2 The Louie Vitton Don

I love that first clip. Totally unprepared, he just drops him with a big left, right on the snout.

Imagine what its like to take somebody like Pacquiao on the pads.

13. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

I was all pumped for this vid, read all the reviews getting ready for it....................................................

Clicked the link, and the vid has been removed for copyright reasons! :cry:

14. Jamo2

I think this pretty much backs up my point on "YES you are too old to start boxing and get anywhere descent."
    Too many 18 year olds think if they jump in the ring and work hard for a bit theyre going to be the next Muhammad Ali. But how is that possible, when theres people like this about who, at 16, could probably whoop the socks off people twice there age.

15. NaughtyKnight

NaughtyKnight Has yellow fever!

Your talking crap Jamo.

16. Sgt_Major

Sgt_Major Ex Global Mod Supporter

I'm afraid I have to agree with NK. Over 30 is too old to start competitively IF you wanted Worldwide fame. But you could still be good, very good if your naturally talented. But 18?! Come on man, I didnt start MA til I was 20, and Im more than decent at it already.

17. Jamo2

As usual :rolleyes:

18. Myke_Tyson

Myke_Tyson Banned Banned

good stuff.

Even early on like in this video, you can see how progressive Manny Pacquiao was. His footwork, timing is very very good. wow.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2006