A question of the utmost severity

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by TheCount, Jan 9, 2009.

1. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

Since there has been so many deep questions of politics and morale understanding being discussed here on MAP in the General section I decided it was time that this one come out of the closet. I trust it shall be delt with in the utmost confidence and serenity such as many lifedomineering posts her recently have.

It has been an issue I have kept close to my heart for years, from my very childhood through the teen years and into my 20s now. No doubt this shall dog me well into my middle aged spread. I have never fully answered this issue and it is one that I have never fully addressed, so I think I need your guys advice. Truly.

Can you have sandwiches without butter?

2. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

Definately...Sausage sandwich for example...Knuckle sandwich too...Bacon sandwich just needs some Tommy-K and you're good to go.
    Butter does not a sandwich make.

3. koyo

koyo Passed away, but always remembered. RIP.

I have the address of a couple of accomodating twins if that's what you mean.

regards koyo

4. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

A sandwich without butter is no sandwich at all! There is no middle ground on this issue, I will not negotiate with those who would question my most sacred beliefs. Spread. For the love of God, spread!

5. koyo

Is that your answer to my post...spread for the love of god spread?? I noticed you said it twice.

regards koyo

6. axelb

axelb Master of Office Chair Fu

mostly no spread. I can see how it works with some sandwich fillings, but it should not be a staple addition to all sandwiches.

Brie and bacon, up the top of the king of sandwiches, no spread!!

7. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Yeah I can tell I'm posting with a bunch of Brits. I don't put butter on any of my sammiches. I'm all about the mayonnaise.

8. tellner

tellner Valued Member

Hamburger, PB&J, pulled pork, Reuben, sausage, corned beef or pastrami (meet with butter is treyf)...

9. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

It's my answer to both the OP's post and your post Koyo. :whistle:

PS Knowing what a wily old rascal you are, and not wishing to sound biased in any way, these twins are ladies?

10. koyo

They are female ladies is another question.

regards koyo

11. kingoftheforest

kingoftheforest It's Good to be the King

Butter? The only butter I ever put on a sandwich is peanut butter.

Unless it's a grilled cheese, then the butter goes on the outside.

12. John Titchen

John Titchen Still Learning Supporter

:evil:

13. Southpaw535

Southpaw535 Well-Known Member Moderator Supporter

no way!!! unless its a crisp sandwhich.....

14. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

yes but not without honeymustard:)

15. SB1970

SB1970 Valued Member

brown sauce for bacon or sausage-NOTHING ELSE!
    when i used to work on the Isle of Man,this was available at the local butty bar
    Bacon,sausage,black pudding,white pudding, mushrooms,tomatoes and fried egg-it's called a Heart Attack!

16. Strafio

Strafio Trying again...

Part of me wanted to add to this, but a wiser side to me decided that it should not be changed.