a NEW tkd vs MT vid :D

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Ikken Hisatsu, Feb 2, 2006.

1. Ikken Hisatsu

Ikken Hisatsu New Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC-bGwYjjlQ"]YouTube[/ame]

ok, just posted it for giggles. this is one of the old bareknuckle fights they used to do kyokushin styles that was a predecessor for k-1. the fight is kinda crappy really- the muay thai fighter doesnt really do an awful lot (although he doesnt need to), and the tkd guy just uses stupid moves. can anyone who speaks japanese (i think thats what it is) translate the names of the fighters shown at the end? id be interested to know who the thai fighter is.

2. Slindsay

Slindsay All violence is necessary

Oh but the tkd guy isn't representitive of real TKD/our school/traditional TKD/ITF style TKD because....

Nice find Ikken, have to love the bit where the guy actually chambers a kick and holds it there for the Thai to grab. On the other hand kudos to him for landing that jump back kick.

3. Another Muay Thai Guy

Another Muay Thai Guy Valued member

4. CKava

CKava Just one more thing... Supporter

Can't read the Kanji under the TKD fighters name but the Thai fighters name is transliterated as Gesonriito Chanpua don't know how helpful that will be for you though since its worth noting in Japanese Crocop's name comes across as Miruko Kurokopu.

5. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

LMAO! :p In that whole vid the thai boxer did'nt use anything but the roundhouse kick while flashy knickers was trying out allsorts and ending up on his ass because of it. most of those kicks landed beautifully which is good because the TKD guy looked like an arrogant _______. :D

6. Bil Gee

Bil Gee Thug

The MT guy obviously didn't know what he was doing, he had no idea how to guard his belly button and spent most of the fight with his hands protecting his head. He clearly didn't know how to get passed the TKD belly button guard technique and had to settle for kicking and punching his opponent in the face instead.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2006
  7. Gary

Gary Vs The Irresistible Farce Supporter

I loved watching the MT guy step into the kicks, my brother does exactly the same :D

8. Combatant

Combatant Monsiour Fitness himself.

LMAO :p Some people are so foolish are'nt they, doesnt he know how bad a kick to the belly button can be??? :eek: :D

9. TheCount

TheCount Happiness is a mindset

I agree, I mean, his TKD oopponent was obviously hugely talented. He had a extremely well developed 'body shield' guard, and had a perfect 'wonky faint' technique in which he hit the deck even when he hadn't been hit. Absoloute skill man! Ditto with his kicks, the Muay Thai'er obviously looks shaken by them, and his backkick was so brutal, I mean the TKD even fell over from the sheer devastation of it...

HAHAHAHHAHHHAAAAA

10. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Props to the TKD guy for having the heart to get in there and try to go toe to toe with the MT fighter. Gotta give him something for that... but that's where the props end.

The TKD fighter is clearly outclassed. His range is horrible on pretty much all of his kicks and his silly little flurry of punches pretty much left the Thai guy scratching his head. His reverse spin kicks were pathetically off the mark... or was is that the MT fighter had his number from the word go? :D

The Thai fighter in classic MT style doesn't miss a chance to catch his leg and kick his other leg out from under him. Text book Muay Thai. :D

I wonder if this was a full MT rules bout. I sincerely doubt it. Had it been... there'd be one KO'd and bleeding TKD guy laying a lump on the floor. He'd have no way of defending in the clinch or defending against elbows. So in some respects he got very very lucky he got away with only the beating he did.

No doubt it was the first time the TKD guy had ever been creased as hard as that from multiple roundhouse kicks across the front of the thighs. He's incredibly lucky that the Thai's tend not to be too handy... but then again - it's not like he needed too... he was pounding the daylights out that poor TKD chap. :p

Note:
    interestingly enough the logo on the ring floor is a Seido logo... as in Seidokan style Karate.

11. Slindsay

From the little splurge under the vid. Seems it was fought under kyokushin rules, or seidokan rule like Slip said but I think they are a split from kk anyway.

12. TKDragon

TKDragon Valued Member

I think that both the fighters sucked.

In a mixed styles fight the TKD guy should have known that trapping was allowed and adjusted his attacks to reflect it. He was too slow and not very accurate with his techique - if you could call it that. he was very lucky the MT guy didn't whang him one in the head, there were ample chances (if it was even allowed).

From what i've seen of Muay Tai I really wasn't impressed with the MT fighter either. He didn't do all that much and didn't capitalize on the TKD guy's errors.

I they really wanted to see which is more effective they should have had two much better fighters.

13. slipthejab

Are you high? :confused:

Hmmm that seems a bit silly as you don't really know what the ruleset they were fighting under was. Had it been full Muay Thai rules the TKD fighter would have been left a bloody mess. ;)

That's all fine and well when you're sitting typing madly away at your keyboard but I can assure you it's quite a bit difference in the ring. :rolleyes:
    I am curious what you experience is with ring fights? :confused:
    Have you fought under Muay Thai rules? :confused:
    What about mixed rules? :confused:

Are you for real? He beat the guy like he was a red-headed stepchild!
    He creased him multiple times and sent him down just as many. :rolleyes:

Yeah why don't you write them a letter and then they can grieve over how they didn't live up to your expectations on long winter evenings. :rolleyes:

14. Banpen Fugyo

Banpen Fugyo 10000 Changes No Surprise

Who cares what HE can do? He pointed out things about the fight. You think Joe Madden can do all the things he talks about? Again, lose the tough guy attitude, its boring.

15. Banpen Fugyo

hahahah wth is the TKD guy doing? Hes just walking towards him with his hands down. It doesnt even look like he WANTS to win. LOL. I esp love the "when I miss, i'll turn around and walk away" tactic he seems to use quite a bit.

16. Banpen Fugyo

haha... I said Joe Madden. Durp.

17. slipthejab

Siphus you really are clueless. If you watched the video clip and read the comments I responded to you'd realize what he posted was nonsense.

Go back and read the thread before you come in a post your usual retarded tripe. You know jack squat about ring fighting so close the cakehole and just sit there and look pretty. ;)

18. Skrom

Skrom Banned Banned

if i may quote dr. huxtable:

i don't like people like you.

19. TheMadhoose

TheMadhoose Carpe Jugulum

pretty poor display from both camps i thought

20. Slindsay

Why exactly? I mean I can see why you would say that about the TKD guy but the Thai guy was having a merry old time of it from what I could see.