a little help, please

Discussion in 'Ju Jitsu' started by chip, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Rice Krispies

Rice Krispies Valued Member

Im gonna concede the point on not teaching grappling during a seminar. I personally wouldnt teach any hand to hand, but whatever. What I have a problem with in your argument is this: " I would say that if these women were trained to poke, claw, bite,etc. their chances of winning would be a lot greater than if they were sent them to a grappling class for a any length of time." You seem to be saying that no matter how much training women get theyll always be better of scratching and biting which I find ridiculous. By your logic when a huge 200lb wrestler Id be better off scrathing and biting because Im weaker. NO.

Also I take exception to your comments about set ups. If some fool is rushing into the open gaurd, theres nothing to set up. He's going RIGHT INTO a lock, choke or sweep. he wont see it coming either. Anyone who knows about grappling know that thats not where you want to be. Its a very strong defensinve position.

2. gojuman

gojuman Valued Member

Please do not take exception. Try to think in the majority of situations. sure if you are 200lbs and are defending your self from your back you will do very well. I am referring to Miss Average, which is what this thread was asking.

3. Rice Krispies

Rice Krispies Valued Member

In a rape situation the opponent is taking the back or attacking the open gaurd. BJJ and other grappling styles deal with both of these very well. So front or back doesnt matter. Also, I only said my OPPONENT was 200lbs. Im 145. A woman, with grappling training can grapple. If she doesnt have the training she cant. You seem to be under the impression that being smaller or being a woman somehow negates skill. Thats comepletly untrue. This is based on your statement that with any lenght of grappling training, the woman is still better off scratching and biting. Thats BS.