a little about me

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by musclemania, Jan 7, 2004.

1. musclemania

musclemania New Member

hello people. i have not used this forum for quite some time i know and the reason for this is because i went back in to my old way of smoking dope. i went really bed i even started taking pills. i know i bow my head in shame. but i have over come this problem and i want to get back in to my training and train harder than i ever did before. since i have stoped att this crap i feel much better. has anyone on this forum experienced this problem in the past and overcome the problem? if so i would be interested to know what it was that made them overcome the problem. well people of the site i aint got much more to say exept for this keep going forward never go back.

2. Greg-VT

Greg-VT Peasant

Hey MM,

Welcome back. Good to see things are going well for you.

3. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Its hard work overcoming any kind of addiction, so credit to you for that. MA can give you focus and reason, so stick it out. Think hard what you'd be throwing away if you slipped back into old ways. You'll need some good willpower and dedication too. Give it some time and work at your goals, and you'll see it through.

Hope things work out, and stick around this time :D

4. musclemania

musclemania New Member

thanks for the suppoguys and girls. hey kgirl just having the support from some one like you is enough to get me through this thanks.

5. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Hey musclemania - welcome back!

We're here to help and support you through this mate - I'm only a PM away!

6. judojedi

judojedi Officer of the Crown

i went through a phase of smoking dope, never touched pills though. i was a right lazy bugger when i was smoking.

the thing that made me quite and get my act together was one day when i was sat in the bath. i was thinking about going and rolling a spliff and watching telly so i got up and dryed myself. when i finnished drying myself, i was absolutly knackered. i mean totaly donalded.
    this made me think back to when i was a fitness nut, running every morning and playing rugby all the time and kickboxing and i remembered the buzz i got from training hard. so i stopped right there and then.

soon after that life changing bath, i joined my judo club and went from strength to strength.
    the buzz i get from training hard is so much better than being high, so is the buzz of beating someone bigger than you or someone you couldn't previously beat. the best thing for me though is teaching kids and then watch them put what i have taught them into practice and see the look on their face when they experience the buzz of beating someone they couldn't beat before.

keep up your training and you'll soon find yourself feeling better than you ever could with drugs.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2004
  7. KickChick

KickChick Valued Member

So glad that you came to the realization that you do in fact have an addiction ... you've taken the first step and we are here to help you climb your way to the top!

Have faith ... be strong, and welcome back to us! :)

8. Kwajman

Kwajman Penguin in paradise....

Listen to everyone here! They really know what they speak of. MA can really, really keep you focused. So stay tough and hang in there.

9. El Tejon

El Tejon MAP'scrazyuncle

Welcome back.

10. bcullen

bcullen They are all perfect.

Welcome MM:

Actually yes, I have. I had many failed attempts at quitting and staying clean before finally meeting with success. Their is a pattern to the events and behaviors that led to your choice to start using and another set that helped keep you there.

The first thing I had to do was remove myself from the enviroment. I had to get away (phyically) from familiar people and places to break the cycle. Once I had some time clean and was a little more in control I returned to do some "housecleaning". I talked to my using buddies and layed it out: This is what I'm doing now, if you want to join me that would be great. If not; then, best of luck to you. It's been 15 years. I tried to find out what happened to some of them about 7 years ago. The only one that I found living was serving a life sentence for murder.

My real turing point came one night while using with a friend I'd known since early childhood. We had just finished the last of what we could scrape up (did anything: but drugs of choice were cocaine and amphetamines) and my friend turned to me and said "White will never get you your dreams". It was the look in his eyes, the total despair and the grim resignation in his voice that said everything. What he was telling me was that he was in too deep and he knew it and if I stayed around I would join him in his fate. It reminded me of the things I loved and cherished before the drugs came along and of my true self, not what I had become. You're embarking down a very difficult path, changing yourself is what you need to do to get away from the drugs and changing yourself is what MA is about. Getting off drugs can be one of the hardest challenges you'll face in life, don't underestimate what you're up against, your setbacks are learning expirences. Take what you can from them and keep trying.
    BTW
    The cravings do subside into a mere shadow of what you expirence now. It takes time. Stay busy, it will help keep them in check.

11. wayofthedragon

wayofthedragon The Defender

Welcome back, and keep moving forward buddy

12. surgingshark

surgingshark Valued Member

Welcome back! Worry not...we MAP people are here to help!

13. Serpico

Serpico New Member

Good to see you here. And I'm ecstatic to hear that you're getting your life in order. I know what your facing, I've seen that demon too. If you need to talk or anything just PM me. :) :)Don't give up on yourself :) :)

14. musclemania

musclemania New Member

hey guys. im glad that there are people out there who are willing to listen and support me throgh my problems. thanks very much to you all. it means a lot to me.

15. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

These are not just empty words mate - we're here for you.

16. musclemania

musclemania New Member

i have been clean for 3 weeks now. i am determined not to slip back in to my old ways. after reading what you have all said it has motivated me to keep going in the right direction thanks again.

17. SirKickalot

SirKickalot New Member

Musclemania,

All credit to you, as a new member myself I can appriaciate the courage it must take to face your problems within the forum I hope the support from others here helps. IMOHO I have found that really focusing hard on things that inspire you (books, events, people etc) can be a great way off staying positive. Good Luck.