A letter to Chris Kent from PFS

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Hannibal, Aug 7, 2011.

1. equan

equan New Member

WANTED: UNEMPLOYED EX PSEUDO 'ORIGINAL' JKD INSTRUCTOR SEEKS EMPLOYMENT FOR STAND-UP COMEDY

On January 1st, at 12 noon central standard time 2012, The Chris Kent Expose will be airing on YouTube. Anyone who is bewildered, befuddled or simply amused, we would encourage you to send a donation to either Cystic Fibrosis, or the Muscular Dystrophy Association. The several hundred of us involved are hell bent on turning something ugly into something funny and benevolent.

SO FAR, PROGRESSIVE FIGHTING SYSTEMS HAS ACCRUED IN DONATIONS (FOR CYSTIC FIBROSIS AND MUSCULAR DYSTROPHY), A VERY WELL APPRECIATED $700 PLEASE MAKE ALL CHECKS PAYABLE TO YOUR DESIRED ORGANIZATION, NOT PFS.
    ADDITIONALLY, OUR LATEST CONUNDRUM HAS OUR INSTRUCTORS ARGUING OVER WHICH MASK WOULD BE APPROPRIATE. THEY HAVE NARROWED IT DOWN TO LUCILLE BALL, PEEWEE HERMAN, OR CHUCK NORRIS (WE COULDN'T FIND BENEDICT ARNOLD). CHRISSY THE SISSY WE HAVE A QUESTION FOR YOU...WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? IT DOESN'T MATTER...WE'LL FIND YOU.
    IN CONCLUSION WE WOULD LIKE TO APOLOGIZE IN ADVANCE FOR THE FOLLOWING CLICHE;
    YOU CAN RUN BUT YOU CAN'T HIDE!
    PS IDAHO SUCKS!

2. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Hilarious.

3. february

february Valued Member

coolstorybro

4. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

By cool I assume you mean stupid and childish?

5. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

I wonder if Paul Vunak is aware that some of his most senior instructors are publicly making him look a fool.

6. LilBunnyRabbit

LilBunnyRabbit Old One

So we've moved from these people making PFS look laughable, to now actively showing themselves as thuggish clowns?

7. Johnno

Johnno Valued Member

I would have thought that posting threats to assault someone would be a violation of the TOS. It might be a good thing if those doing so were banned from MAP, because I don't think anyone wants to see that sort of childish nonsense here.

if they want to drag the name of PFS through the mud then that's PFS's problem, but let's not see MAP dragged down to that level.

8. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Tut tut tut! Is that the best you guys can come up with? Sad really and childish and unfortunetly your sullying a good reputation of the PFS group and making it look childish. I am pretty sure the seniors of the group don't know this childish behaviour is going on.

Sad.

9. Mitch

Mitch Lord Mitch of MAP Admin

I was quite interested in PFS. This thread alone has managed to put me right off the idea.

Mitch

10. Pretty In Pink

Pretty In Pink Moved on MAP 2017 Gold Award

Ooft, it was cringy reading this thread.

11. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

I agree Chadderz.

12. UrbanDaoist

UrbanDaoist Valued Member

Tom Cruise was also writing childish stuff and making threats to Chris Kent, and he is VP. Guess that the level they are at. They entered through the spirituel door *LOL* only in their own mind... What a bunch of jokes theese PFS guys are.

13. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Bloody hell Urban he should stick to making movies:)

14. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

I can't believe believe these guys of all of three posts are still popping back on here to demonstrate how childish they are. Ironically, they are giving Mr. Kent's point of view far more popularity than they would be keeping quiet. That's just the height of maturity. :rolleyes:

BTW, Idaho is actually a lovely state.

15. february

february Valued Member

Surely all PFS guys aren't this moronic?

16. fire cobra

fire cobra Valued Member

Hanibal is one of the better guys I think Feb:)

17. UrbanDaoist

Offcause not :hat: I´m a former PFS myself. But if you are close to unlcle VU, is it not most likely that you share his views??? :pirate: Surely you don´t stay in a organisation if you think the top guys are morrons?

And if you don´t think something is wrong, it´s probably because you have a lot in common. People tend to gravitate towords their own kind, more or less.

Some of them where angry because they felt that Chris Kent said that "The Concept" is not JKD. And they feel that VU more than any have been keeping JKD alive over the years.

But what if he is right, and it´s not?

Often I see qoutes from Bruce Lee taken out of contend to justify peoples interpretation.

Like EPAK Kenpo wich is a very logic system, but unless you bring logic to the table yourself, you will not learn to think more logic. JKD is a thinking mans art. But again, if you don´t bring it to the table yourself.

So how did Bruce Lee describe his JKD?

Did he say it was easy?

Or did he say it was difficult?

18. holyheadjch

holyheadjch Valued Member

Irrelevant. This is about some of the most senior instructors in PFS threatening violence against a rival instructor.

19. UrbanDaoist

You need to read my post again....

20. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

There's a lot of Peacocking going on from one side. Look at my tail feathers are they not bigger than his tail feathers?

If Paul Vunak had a serious problem with Chris Kent then surely bearing in mind his reputation, surely he would simply go meet him in person and deal with it himself?

Has he done that? No.

Will he do it? Probably not and if he did we would probably never hear about it.

What we see here are the baby Peacocks trying to impress the daddy Peacock by rustling their feathers at a supposed rival daddy Peacock yet both daddy Peacocks still have bigger feathers and if you notice both daddy Peacocks seem all unconcerned.

Oh the folly of adolescent Peacocks

Last edited: Sep 23, 2011