A less-than-ideal introduction

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Kagete, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Van Zandt

Van Zandt Mr. High Kick

Ah... I love MAP. :hat:

2. ap Oweyn

ap Oweyn Ret. Supporter

Feeling's mutual, I'm sure. ;)

3. Smitfire

Smitfire Cactus Schlong

That may be so.
    But these days pretty much everyone does an internet search on the style or club they are thinking of training at before they turn up.
    I know I do.
    And it takes but seconds to make the PTK knife/military link EVEN IF YOUR PARTICULAR CLUB DOESN'T MAKE MUCH OF IT.
    And really...trying to dispute that is coming across as a bit silly.

4. Dead_pool

Dead_pool Spes mea in nihil Deus MAP 2017 Moi Award

5. Kuma

Kuma Lurking about

I still find it odd that a guy who trains in the Bujinkan which is loaded with ninja stereotypes got his panties in a twist over such an uneventful visit by a potential student in this situation.

6. Rand86

Rand86 likes to butt heads

Aaand sigged!

7. shootodog

shootodog restless native

You are sure? Really? No he wouldn't. Not unless he were out on the farm. He would not be walking the streets with his favorite pistols. Maybe at most a pistol. You see, walking around with too much weaponry on the streets of the Philippines is just asking for it.

Even in Manila, I never saw him with his favorite pistol. The times that he taught, he did not have a pistol (a ton of knives, yes). In fact, the only time I ever saw him with his pistol (singular) was during Balikatan (which kept his bunkmates awake most of the night).

To get back on track, did your mandala maginoo mind the beginner's action and attitude? Did he? Did your mandala maginoo say anything about it?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2013
  8. Kagete

Kagete Banned Banned

Seems like I've got conflicting reports on that one. I suppose I'll find out eventually.

No. He's not the type. Me, I'm a little less forgiving (unless I'm getting paid), but society's to blame. :evil: