A bit of a coup for Martial Arts Planet!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Melanie, Aug 21, 2002.

1. Melanie

Melanie Bend the rules somewhat.. Supporter

I have just been given permission to take photographs and do as many interviews as possible of a UK Meet in Stevenage on the 28th of next month.

As far as we can tell - we are the only forum representing this Meet - hence the coup!

Hey Neil! Looks like we are making a start on those interviews! ;)

Watch this space in the first week of October for further information/photos.

Details can be found on the Calendar/Events of the Meet.

2. Chazz

Chazz Keepin it kickin TKD style

Well good luck Mel. Go gettem

3. morphus

morphus Doobrey

Do you know whos involved in this?
    Is it a mixed martial arts meet or a particular art or two?

4. Melanie

5. gojutejutsuryu

gojutejutsuryu New Member

Well done Melanie
    Keep up the great work.

gojutejutsuryu (South Africa)

6. Melanie

Hiya!

What an incredible day I have had! Met loads of people from the 'couple' of forums I a on :) Tried several techniques and styles, been thrown around, punched, kicked and generally abused...but did manage to hit ckdstudent too...which is always good :D

I met Joseki and pictures of him, ckdstudent shall follow next week along with a few others. I managed to interview 'some' of the instructors too. Once I have had approval of the write ups of their interviews I shall submit an article to Cooler and a ton of photos!

Here's hoping any meet we arange is as well arranged as todays events were.

7. Cooler

Cooler Keepin The Peace Supporter

Look forward to the photos and Interviews.

Cooler

Last edited: Sep 29, 2002
  8. morphus

morphus Doobrey

Well done Mel, sounds like a great day.
    Also i noticed your line at the bottom of your post "nominated for poet of the year" ? Tell us more!!!!!!:cool:

9. Melanie

Its nothing really...just put in a poem earlier this year on a website and since then all sorts of nice things have been happening :) Its being published with loads of others in a coffee table type book that even I can't afford to buy and its going to be put into a tape and CD now. As I can't afford to go to the symposium though...its a bit of a dead loss for me...but I was chuffed at the time :D

10. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Hey Melanie - well done!

What's this "symposium" all about?

11. Melanie

Its a place where you can read out your poetry and meet other established poets and publishers. To be honest with you I would love to go, its a wonderful opportunity to get a foot in the door of making some real money out of what I write but unfortunately a flight, accommodation and registration for the event held in Hollywood, California is a little above my financial constraints!

Anyone fancy sponsoring me? If I get a publishing deal I'll give you 15% out of the royalties for the first book? (Hey...it's worth a shot innit???)

12. YODA

YODA The Woofing Admin Supporter

Wow! Hollywood!

There's just GOTTA be a way - thinking cap snuggly on head!!!!