恭喜发财!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Late for dinner, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Late for dinner

Late for dinner Valued Member

Kung Hey Fat Choi to everyone at MAP!!

Anyone else celebrating this weekend?

powchoy

2. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Kung hai Kung hai! :hat:

It's been a lot of eating going on here in Hong Kong with several different MASSIVE dinners to attend. Even now I'm still the token white guy at most of them... sheesh where are the other white dudes when you need them!?!? One person can only eat so much duck and so many steamed buns!!! :p

Yeah man good fun - nice change... time for a prosperous new year!!! This is the year of the rabbit according to the Chinese zodiac... so below I've posted some of the traditional Chinese papercuts of rabbits and well wishing... they are plastered everywhere here in Hong Kong at the moment! :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  3. Llamageddon

Llamageddon MAP's weird cousin Supporter

I unfortunately have no idea what this is (unless you're talking about Chinese New Year?!) but if you could send some of the food this way I would be very grateful!

4. Pitfighter

Pitfighter Valued Member

XIN NIAN KUAI LE!!

I want some moon cake,

BTW Slip you can never have enough duck

5. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

happy chinese year of the rabbit new year. :)

6. Mushroom

Mushroom De-powered to come back better than before.

My team will be out n about in Bayswater causing ruckuss...

Kung Xi Kung Xi!

7. slipthejab

Yes it is!!! The Chinese New Year is upon us!

:)

Happy Chinese New Year to all MAP's non Chinese speakers and non Chinese (heck that includes me!)! You can also get in on the Chinese New Year goodness... when you see older or married Chinese... ask them for a red pocket! This is the ubiquitous red envelope that is passed around at many Chinese holidays and occasions like weddings. Inside is something that all Chinese hold near and dear... MONEY! :)

Married couples are expected to give them to non married people. Older to younger and bosses to employees. If you play it right at Chinese New Year you can clean up a tidy sum. :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  8. GSHAMBROOKE

GSHAMBROOKE Thats Tarm Sarm

I have one thing to say.

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

9. Seventh

Seventh Super Sexy Sushi Time

Chinese New Year isn't till tomorrow here in Canada. Can't wait though! Already have devoured some Hot Pot. I'm Chinese BTW.

10. slipthejab

Niiiiiiiiiiiice! Hot Pot is one of the greatest things known to man! :)

11. Metal_Kitty

Metal_Kitty Valued Member

Box Hill, Chinatown or Southbank?? I'm thinking Southbank cos Tang sifu's wushu class is performing there. He told me that he knows you :)

12. GSHAMBROOKE

I think he has the school in Nunawading if so he is an exceptional martial artist he whent to school with Jet Lee.
    Is it the same person?

13. GSHAMBROOKE

I want lots of Har Gow and Har jurng.

14. Metal_Kitty

Yes it is :) He is my boyfriend's sifu, as well as our close friend. He mentioned you after I told him I'm now studying CLF.

15. Blade96

Blade96 shotokan karateka

My best friend Francis is a Newfoundlander whose parents are Chinese. :)

16. slipthejab

hahaha... damn those Chinese.. everywhere I tell ya! :p

17. El Medico

El Medico Valued Member

Kung Hay Fat Choy to all!

Thought seriously of heading to Chinatown NYC next weekend to look up the guys and go on parade.It's been a number of years now.

Hey Slip,try carrying the banner for a school sometime-as one of only maybe two lo faan in the group I was always getting the fireworks tossed right at me from the young Chinese punks. Can't flinch,ya know-just parry and keep on truckin'!

Do miss those banquets-and the after hours gambling,something I normally never do.

18. Infrazael

Infrazael Banned Banned

Me and my Chinese bros just took some of our Swedish mates to traditional Northeastern food. It was fantastic. Hometown food.

But to everyone else

XIN NIAN KUAI LE, ZHU NI MEN GONG XI FA CAI, NIAN NIAN YOU YU.

19. Metal_Kitty

Same to you buddy!

And also zhu ni chi bao du zi...he zui jiu...geng hen duo nu ren zuo ai! ;)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  20. Ular Sawa

Ular Sawa Valued Member

Happy New Year to all!

Unfortunately, we are dealing with the Snowlocaust in this area so I will not be able to do much in honor of the new year until this weekend.

Cheers (with a Tsingtao).