3rd Dan Test - Breaking

Discussion in 'Tae Kwon Do' started by Earl Weiss, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Earl Weiss

Earl Weiss Valued Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1kxRTfgRiw&list=UU2oDMe1Aklko_tcNnsQJJaA"]rs Reflex Kick 062114 - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN6jFxeetkM&index=3&list=UU2oDMe1Aklko_tcNnsQJJaA"]JW SPK 6 bds 062114 - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2014
  2. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

3. Earl Weiss

Earl Weiss Valued Member

It is our practice that if it is a multi board break you don't go back and break ones that didn't break you have to re attempt the entire break which he did with the same or similar result.

4. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

How many times are you expected to re-do it? Is there a point where it's just considered a fail or do you just keep going until you've done it?

Fun to watch though. That double jumping front kick is one I can't stand personally.

5. Rhythmkiller

Rhythmkiller Animo Non Astutia

Very nice side kick for multi break, i often use that particular technique and often overcommit leaving myslef open. Still a favourite of mine.

Love the home gym, wish i had that kind of space.

Baza

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  6. Earl Weiss

Earl Weiss Valued Member

4 attempts max. If it's a power break the 4th attempt has one board removed. Failing a required break assuming all other requirements are met can have the break re done at a later time.

Could you please leaborate on what a "Double Jumping Front kick is" semantic issues abound in MA. This sounds like jump twice "Double Jump" kick once???

The video is a jump triple front. One jump then kick Left-Right-Left 3 seperate targets before landing.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  7. Thomas

Thomas Combat Hapkido/Taekwondo

That's cool. Our practice is that if the whole break was 'good', but one board didn't break, we give them a shot to 'finish it off' right there. We like it as a sort of closure, i.e., leave no board unbroken.

8. Guitar Nado

Guitar Nado Valued Member

Cool stuff! Very interesting to watch.

9. LemonSloth

LemonSloth Laugh and grow fat!

D'oh! Course it is, I wasn't watching it properly when I commented and thought he landed after the second kick before planting the third. My bad :eek:

10. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014
  11. Earl Weiss

Earl Weiss Valued Member

12. itf-taekwondo

itf-taekwondo Banned Banned

If you can, please post 4th Dan and more Dan Test - breaking for ITF. Are these tests more elaborate, given the black stribes in your new outfit from 4th dan onwards?

13. Earl Weiss

Earl Weiss Valued Member

If you are addressing me, I do not appear in any video in an "outfit" with stripes.

I will see if I have anything handy in digital format.

14. Hannibal

Hannibal Cry HAVOC and let slip the Dogs of War!!! Supporter

Lovely clean breaks there - Good stuff!!

15. hewho

hewho Valued Member

got no experience worth talking about in breaking, but that was fantastic to watch :D

16. aaron_mag

aaron_mag New Member Supporter

That was fun to watch. I have never seen a board holder like the one in the second one. Interesting. Something you can order or custom build?

17. Earl Weiss

Earl Weiss Valued Member

18. matveimediaarts

matveimediaarts Underappreciated genius

Awesome! :) I have to learn this if I know I'll be dealing with some fearsome boards coming after me. ;)

19. Earl Weiss

Earl Weiss Valued Member

Hmm sounds familiar. LIke I heard it .... 40+ years ago.

(Bruce Lee 1973 "Enter the Dragon".. "Boards don't hit back".)

20. TKDDragon

TKDDragon Valued Member

I always preferred the line out of bloodsport myself