360 degree leap-kick?

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussion' started by Mandras, May 15, 2006.

1. Mandras

Mandras Eats Ninjas For Breakfast

First off let me say that I ain't a big fan of Van Damme, never having watched any of his movies. But a while back I was reading a biography of his for a 'Famous Belgians' project I had to do and I saw this:
    So I was wondering just what this 360 degree leap kick could have looked like to 'thrill one and all' :rolleyes:

Could it be that different from a 360 in TKD or is this just a gooey-eyed internet biography?
    Any Ideas?
    Also, I apologize if this is in the wrong forum, wasn't sure where to put it.

2. Martial Alex

Martial Alex Valued Member

3. TheMadhoose

TheMadhoose Carpe Jugulum

are you talking about his jumping reverse turning turning kick where he does in every single film where its edited to look like he does 40 in succession?

4. Wolf

Wolf Totalitarian Dictator

He does a jump-spinning heel kick in every movie. The only difference to the way he does it, and the way I do it is that he jumps into an almost splits with his non-kicking leg out too.

5. TheMadhoose

TheMadhoose Carpe Jugulum

GM He Il Cho does jumping spinning kicks with the non kicking leg straight out also according to his books its to maximise torque.

6. TheWaterMargins

TheWaterMargins Valued Member

But always off the same leg .....

Anyone know the story of the 'tiff' JCVD had with Terry O'Neill on the set of Predator?

ps Famous Belgians ..... thats a toughy ....

7. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

odd...cause it would not...as a physics rule ...as you pull the mass tward the center of a spininnig axis in INCREASES the velocity of the spin.
    that is why you tuck in a back flip

or how figure skaters control the speed of a spin...arms out =slow ...arms in speed up

the fact that he can leave his leg out is a true testament to how much force he gets on his initial movement