300 Workout (open challenge)

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Cuchulain82, May 4, 2007.

1. JaxMMA

JaxMMA Feeling lucky, punk?

Me and 2 friends are going to give it a try this sunday. Reading through your post convinced me to try it out :)
    I'm not sure how we are going to time it, but I'm sure it's not gonna be as good as yours.
    Might have to substitute some exercises, but it should stay prety similar to the workout on gymjones website.

2. KICKBOY

KICKBOY Valued Member

I do the 300 workout and here are my stats and results:
    Age 46
    Weight 180
    Height 5’ 9’’

Time 21 minutes flat, I did stop to spot a friend on one set but I was pretty close to puking at the time and enjoyed the extra 40 second rest. I am very proud to say I got all my pull ups in one set at the start and finish.
    I feel the workout is great for conditioning but it is not a muscle builder in terms of putting on size but muscle endurance Oh yeah.

On a side note a power lifting friend of mine did the workout with me and we finished together, I pulled ahead on the pull-ups, he dogged me on the dead lifts but I caught him on the box jumps and we finished pretty close, within seconds. I was super impressed with his condition.

Floor wiper 1 rep equals bring the legs up and to one side of the barbell, lower and go to the other side and lower this is one, now tighten up or I’ll start the count over. LOL

3. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

:eek: That alone is impressive! You should be proud.

4. sly fox

sly fox Valued Member

nice one...its a good workout

i love the gymjones site, very interesting bunch of guys

5. JaxMMA

JaxMMA Feeling lucky, punk?

Show-off :D

6. Cuchulain82

Cuchulain82 Custodia Legis

That is impressive. Seriously.

Don't take this the wrong way, but are you sure you did everything correctly? If you say you did then I believe you, but that time is so low, by far the lowest I've heard of outside of the gymjones site.

Yeah, it's pretty much just a fitness test (but a grueling one at that).

Nice! That is also amazing. I had the best luck with the DLs, it's true. I think it's a big-guy thing.

7. KICKBOY

KICKBOY Valued Member

Did I do everything like GYMJONES ? No, I used a 35 pound dumb bell instead of a kettle bell, but I touched the ground and lifted it to full extension on every rep 25 per hand. I went to Dick’s sporting goods to buy a kettle bell and the 25 pound one they had was 59.99 US dollars. They are much less expensive on line but shipping on weights is high enough that retail is just as cheap.
    Other than substituting the dumb bell we did the workout as listed in this video.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggiYjRelWgc"]300 Workout - YouTube[/ame]

BTW believe what you feel comfortable with if someone lies about their workouts or condition who do they really lie to? I think they lie to themselves.

8. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

quick question: do you do all this as i set then repeat, or is that the entire test 300reps?

am making no judgements just want to be clear so i can give it a try :)

9. KICKBOY

KICKBOY Valued Member

The workout is nonstop,
    25 pull ups (in as few sets as possible)
    50 deads (in as few sets as possible)
    50 push ups (in as few sets as possible)
    50 box jumps (in as few sets as possible)
    50 kettle bell presses (in as few sets as possible)
    50 floor wipers (in as few sets as possible)
    25 pull ups (in as few sets as possible)

A small tip, if you can do the pull ups in one set you will have a much faster time. I think you must pace yourself, the big mistake I see is going to failure on the first set of pull ups at say 12 reps, from that point on you will be sucking wind and trying to get a rhythm so like any cardio try to work at your aerobic threshold not way below (you are being lazy) not above you will blow up and have to stop and recover.

10. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

Thanks Kickboy, i try it this weekend

11. KICKBOY

KICKBOY Valued Member

Good luck with your 300 it is a great way to shake up a routine.

12. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

ok i did it and time was 24:45

great change of pace for me and really pushed it as far as i could.

pull ups whipped me i'm 5'10" 225lbs so they are not my fav. exercise

13. KICKBOY

KICKBOY Valued Member

Awesome g-bells, that 300 brings out the worrier sprit.

14. g-bells

g-bells Don't look up!

thanks man :)

15. mai tai

mai tai Valued Member

hey dude i said i did a 20.45

16. Cuchulain82

Cuchulain82 Custodia Legis

That is also amazing. Seriously- anything under 25 mins is shocking, imho.

You know, I'm really impressed by the times people are posting. It's not a brutal routine, but my impression is that the average joe can't even do a few pullups without stopping, let alone 25. So the fact that most people here can crank out times between 20 and 25 minutes is impressive to me.

17. KICKBOY

KICKBOY Valued Member

Last edited: Feb 16, 2008
  18. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

It would take me a week to do all that :D

19. CosmicFish

CosmicFish Aleprechaunist

20. Davidle1

Davidle1 Valued Member

I did in fact attempt it however I was not dedicated enough to pull it off. Perhaps I should give it another go. When I did get up to 13 pull ups a day my boss commented your getting kinda big..are you looking to hurt someone or something??? At that point my ego was boosted enough to the point where i gave up the workout all together.

Also Floor wipers didnt seem pratical to me and the box jumpes also did not seem practical so i did ab work in place of floor wipers and also for the box jumping I just did squats since i couldnt find a practical replacement.