3 year old boxer - slipping the jab!

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Simon, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Simon

Simon Administrator Admin Supporter MAP 2017 Koyo Award

2. Moi

Moi Warriors live forever x

I can't make my mind up if I'm amazed or disgusted. Hell of a kid but.....

3. KidKrav

KidKrav Valued Member

I could take im' :fight1:

Just kidding guys! He would probably kick my ass in 20 to 30 years...

In all seriousness though great find simon s. If you don't mind me asking, why the choice to use lowercase letters at the beginning of your user name?

Do you believe in destiny?

4. Simon

No particular reason to use lower case.

5. Moi

no why?

6. Kuto

Kuto Vacuumed Member

Wow that was pretty educating...

In general I have nothing against kiddies training hard at an early age, it's okay if he likes it and he'll probably be hell of a player when he's in his pre-teens ... xD
    But seriously, I wonder whether a 3 year old knows the physical and mental consequences of hitting some like that. He surely could do serious damage to a guy in his weight class and most children at that age can't tell the diffenrence between training and real life situation, I guess.
    But maybe I'm completely wrong, who knows.

7. KidKrav

KidKrav Valued Member

.. because that kid is destined to fight.

It is what it is.

8. slipthejab

slipthejab Hark, a vagrant! Supporter

Awesome. Yes I've seen this before. In fact a while back it was posted here at MAP.

Right now for the kid it's fun and games. It wins approval from the parents... and kids never have a shortage of energy to move and use explosive power. Watch any young kid walk down the street... they never ever walk a straight line nor do they plod along like adults. They are all over the place. As it should be.

We don't really know enough about the kid to make much of a conclusion on anything either way. If he runs around and plays like other kids do and does all the 'normal' things kids do then he's fine. My guess this is shot somewhere in Russia (maybe that was because I think the original vid was first posted on a Russian YouTube type site) so he's got a hard road in front of him anyhow. The Russians take things seriously and they are not known as a tough lot by mistake. Or really any of the Eastern Europeans. So anyhow... fun stuff for the kid... if he choses to persue it.... then he's going to have some good skills by the time he's old enough to compete. If he doesn't persue it as profession or whatever... at least he's got some slick moves for self defense. :)

9. Moi

How can you tell. He has some great skill but not even his father, I assume it's his father, know if he enjoys the fighting yet.
    I'd think he's going to have the problem mine did, who do you put a kid like that with to train? My lad was a lot older than him and the problem was there.

10. KidKrav

KidKrav Valued Member

Beethoven hated his father for drilling him so hard on his musical studies but music was all he ever knew. He was great even after he went deaf.

A lesser example.. My father used to take me on grueling hikes as a child. I hated them, but now I enjoy nature.

I can't know for sure what the child will do, but it looks to me like the he's being raised as a fighter.

What exactly was the problem?

GSP's dad trained his son initially...

11. Moi

Nobody of his own age to spar with. Once he gets a bit bigger he'll have to train with adults who won't really hit him so he never gets an accurate picture of where he is.

12. Metal_Kitty

Metal_Kitty Valued Member

Wow that some power behind those punches!

My future kids are gonna be super fighters too!

Moi, send him to Thailand to spar. Those kids start young. Anyway, I'm sure when he gets into his teens he'll find more serious sparring partners. None the less, this is still building an excellent foundation. Hey, maybe he could spar with those MMA kids that Randy's training up.

By the way, where do you find boxing gloves that small?!?!

13. kingc699

kingc699 Valued Member

3 years old, incredible, if indeed he enjoys it and keeps it up, he will be a damn good boxer if he chooses to do so, thanks for posting :)

14. Sonshu

Sonshu Buzz me on facebook

He looked and moved a little more heavy set than a 3 year old. He seems short but sure of movement - this could be through repitition but I would suspect him to be more nearer the late 4 or 5 mark.

Just a feeling but he looks promising so young.

15. Moi

He's 17 now. He'd fought a Thai when he was fighting, nearly lost a tooth. Won the fight though. That must have been about 5 years ago. God how time flys!!

16. _sam_

_sam_ Valued Member

Fantastic video, that little man has a bright future ahead of him if he keeps at it. @ 1:21 when dad stops his right and he throws the left over the top. lovely stuff. Neat little combinations too. Sturdy little fella too, with very good balance/movement for his age. Though i'm not sure i believe he's only 3. I wouldnt put him much over 5 or 6 but find it a little hard to believe he's so young. Surely there wouldnt be enough time to develop him in what, a year and a half, 2 at the most... But then, i suppose it depends how often dad has him training. Great vid though.

17. _sam_

_sam_ Valued Member

Have you read the story of Roy Jones jr's early life? How hard he was pushed by his father etc and the methods the man employed to ensure his son would become a champ one day. This vid made me think of that.

18. Moi

I haven't and I don't think I'll want to. Pushed my lad a little too hard maybe

19. Simon

It is very difficult and Moi has a gtreat point. My son was involved in a fight at his school yesterday. He has been bullied (verbally mostly) and just walked away. Yesterday he decided enough was enough and hit the other kid. I think it has scared him away from fighting for a while.

Time will tell if he comes back to training.

20. Moi

We'd always said to ours that it was only self defence and allowed if the other kid laid his hands on him. He just knock them out then. Had to push the jits after that. Its a fine line. He still prefers punching & kicking though but at least he knows what to do on the ground if he ends up there. I don't think he fights any more though, at 17 he's grown out of it