15 min for cardio?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Master J, May 9, 2007.

1. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Mate you are 19 years old, get a grip!!!

Street running does not ruin everyone knees in fact mine have improved due to running but stop making excuses not to do it, your knees probably hurt because you dont run much!!

If you can only do 5 mins then thats a start, next do 6, then 7 then on and on, i used to be the last one picked for all sports when i was a kid, now i can run 5 miles a day no probelm then go to the gym for an hours weights.

Dont do yourself out of fitness just try harder but chill about it, as said you are only 19, i'm 34 and have not been doing it for long, by the time you get to my age you could be running marathons!!

2. Keikai

Keikai Banned Banned

Yep, they are a load of pants, i bought a pair for runing, wish i hadnt but i cant afford any more at the minute, try some Asics.

Wait until you are serious though or its a waste of money.

Same here, but i wasnt chubby, just lazy!! :p

You could spit on them and get a chase out of them, increase your speed!! :D

3. MonkeysUncle

MonkeysUncle Shakin' like Bacon

A little down the road when you have some endurance and cardio built up, make sure to include functional strength exercises. Push-ups, pull-ups, kettlebells, deadlifts, squats, generally anything to increase real strength. Or, you could simply add a little to your routine now, but as everybody said, ease into it, don't get to eager or you'll simply hurt yourself and set yourself back more.