14 weeks to 'good strength'

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Axelator, May 25, 2012.

1. Axelator

Axelator Not called Alex.

Not happy with gym session today

Gym
    Bench Pres 95kg 5x5 (new pr but everything after this felt heavy)
    Military Press 2x5 60kg 3x5 55kg (felt very heavy)
    Dumbell Press 3x5 65lb
    Dips 3x5 30kg

Bench Press went great and it didn't even feel to heavy but after that I was tired and everything else as pretty light for me.

I think my BP form has improved a lot recently isn't wasnt long ago I was just lying flat on the bench and leting my elbows flare and now I'm tight all the way though the lift and able to use my feet to drive out of the eccentric phase.

2. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Lol what are you on about?

You clearly said,

I've loaded myself before, but never 20g for 7 days. But I switched from Monohydrates to Ethyl Esther a long time ago.

3. Axelator

Don't come in with that patronising passive aggressive bull when you're wrong and haven't read my log correctly.

I clearly stated in the very first post I would be loading creatine and then taking smaller doses, I also said at the end of my first week that I was finishing the loading phase and would be taking 5g daily doses, guess you should have read everything as opposed to just 1 days log 'lol'.

Anyway, why the switch from monohydrate?

4. CrowZer0

CrowZer0 Assume formlessness.

Lol, firstly, not passive aggressive at all, just laughing at the situation. Second don't ever tell me what I can and can't do. :) Third, I read your first post a while back, sorry I didn't memorise it or read it subsequently after you posted something, I took that post as it is. And you clearly did say what I quoted on my last message. Hence the reason for me asking.

Again, read above, no offence but I have no reason to memorize everything you might have said on your first post. I remember the general gist of what you said on the 25th of May on your first post, but you expect someone to memorise it all?

That is why I asked, because even on a loading phase 20g, sounds too high and 7 days sounds too long.

Faster transfer better absorption, messed around with both and feels it works better for me and the people I train with.

Anyways, I was subscribed to this thread to try and help, critique where possible, and to see how you get along. But as you seem to be way too snappy over simple comments, not worth the hassle tbh, Good luck, unsubscribed.

5. Axelator

Well next time you want to give advice maybe think about the way you phrase it. Writing 'Wait, 20g a day, did I read that right!?', when 'a' you didn't read it right, and 'b' you make it sound like its the most absurd thing you've ever heard, probably isn't a good way to give advice as you're likely to get a rude response if you are rude yourself.

Since I know you're going to read this, this is where I got my recommendations from.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/gastelu8.htm?CJAID=10409402&CJPID=4215266

Written by this guy.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/gastelu.htm

20g a day seems on the low side from the articles I've read hat advocate loading.

6. Axelator

Been a busy couple of days, had my last exam on Friday and been moving back home today.

Missed squats on Friday due to the exam but went Thai boxing in the evening.

Managed to get a short session in this morning to get squats done

Gym
    Squats 125kg 5x5
    Bicep Curls 3x10 60lb
    Hyper EXtensions 3x20 holding 20kg plate
    Plank 3:15
    Side Plank 3:15

Short session but hit my squat goal and will prob go for a run tonight.

7. Axelator

11th June 2012.

Started gym instructor course today which I'm doing over the summer, the guy teaching is a little fat man who first came in and told us all 'supplements are bad' at which point I sighed and realised the course was just a hoop I'll have to jump through to be able to work in a gym.

Also went for just under a 5 mile run took 36:17 mins.

My schedule is changing a little since I'm now back home. Strength training is gong to be done Tues, Thus, Sat.

8. Fish Of Doom

Fish Of Doom Will : Mind : Motion Supporter

ouch! good luck the course! i was lucky here and found a PT course offered by the local bodybuilding federations, which means that there is basically no [redacted] exercise/supplementation-wise. maybe if you can find something like that in your area it might be a bit more palatable, even if only as a supplement (lol) to the cert you're trying to get now.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  9. Axelator

How does it work where you are? In the UK there is a governing body called REPs (register of exercise professionals) which basically all gym require you to register with in order to get a job. All qualifications have to fit into their framework. So unfortunately I think that means all courses will be similar, I also will have to get a certain number of REPs points in order to stay on the register :(.

I think a lot of this curse sucking though is down to this individual being pretty ignorant though.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  10. Fish Of Doom

as far as i know, you don't really need much if anything here other than something certifying you as a personal trainer, which would theoretically be from legally registered sports/exercise organizations (and several people in the course are apparently already working at it, but are being asked for certification). for myself though i'm going to be asking around re: insurance, etc, and getting myself to a first aid course before i try to apply anywhere, just to make sure i don't have any problems.
    argentina is not the most organized of places :p

11. Axelator

Yeah that sounds unorganised, it also sounds like it would suit me more though....

Here you don legally need to be certified with REPs but all major gyms want you to be to work with them. So only certain qualifications given the thumbs up by REPs will get you a job. It's good in some ways though, I think you can get insured and register for £80 a year which isn't bad if you're a personal trainer as you have peace of mind over getting sued.

12. Fish Of Doom

double post

13. Fish Of Doom

nice. yeah, i need to look pretty deep into stuff re: medical insurance, teaching teenagers, etc. my personal plan is to do that while training some friends and family for free, and then to have them as references and ask them to recommend me to other people while i trawl through as many gyms as i can leaving CVs.

one thing you might find interesting, which was recommended to us by the guy who taught the first module of the course (who's a PT, kinesiologist and massage therapist), is to network with health professionals, particularly physiotherapists and other rehab-oriented people to get them to send you people who need to strengthen themselves further once they finish therapy (you could probably talk with some sports physios to help rehab or train injured athletes, for example, since you're a MT/MMA fighter).

14. Axelator

Thats a good idea thanks. The guy who was doing our course said there is now a qualification you can do in the UK so that when Drs on the NHS precribe exercise for lower back pain or obecity they will send patients your way which is a good source of income.

I was planning to help friends and families for references and hopefully examples of transformations too. I've also heard it's a good idea to network with local people who might carry influence. So you might offer free or very discounted sessions to someone who owns a tanning shop or a hair salon as they come into contact with lots of people who care about their looks and have the money to spend on their appearance.

I read a lot about incentivising clients to get friends to sign up for sessions too. It seems to me marketing is probably a more important part of being a personal trainer than your knowledge of actual training and nutrition.

15. Fish Of Doom

well, that's usually the case with most businesses, tbh, but being a good quality trainer means that you KEEP the clients you have, however. free/discounted sessions for contacts is another good idea, as well. cheers :D

16. Axelator

Gym
    5x5 DL 137.5kg
    5x5 Bent Over Rows 80kg
    3x5 Romanian Dead Lifts 90kg
    Hyper extensions 3x15 20kg

First workout in my gym at home, went well I think. I think I might need to change the the rep set scheme of my deadlifts, as 5x5 is feeling like a bit much, form starts to break down. After I hit 5x5 at 140kg I'll look into changing it.

Run
    3 Mile run (bummed up timing by stopping it to cross a road then fogot to start it again).

17. Axelator

Light day to today just Muay Thai.

10 mins skipping.
    6 rounds on the bag
    2 rounds shadow boxing
    30 mins sparring.

18. Axelator

Gym
    Bench Press 3x5 97.5kg 1x6 97.5kg (last two reps were assissted).
    Military Press 5x5 60kg
    Dumbell Bench Press 30kg 1x7 1x8 1x7
    Dips 3x5 30kg
    Plank 3:15
    Side Plank: 1:15
    Standing Ab Rolls: 2 x 4 1x2

Then did Muay Thai this evening.

19. Axelator

Just 2 hours Thai Boxing

20. Axelator

Gym
    Squat 5x5 127.5kg (still feels easy, but would rather take it slow and steady)
    Front Squat 3x5 80kg (very easy)
    Bicep Curls 3x10 30kg