12 strike patter

Discussion in 'Filipino Martial Arts' started by Obi, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Obi

Obi New Member

ok i can remember about the first seven but im not sure of the rest of them. the one's i know are

1. right hand above right shoulder swung down diagonally right to left
    2. right hand swung back handed across the hips left to right
    3. right hand swung right to left across the shoulders
    4. right hand swung down diagonally back handed left to right
    5. step forward with left foot whilst stabbing with the right
    6. right hand raised to right shoulder then thrust forward
    7. left foot stepped back whilst right hand moves across to the other side of your face and stab back handed

its here i dont know where to go. if anyone could tell the rest of this pattern i would be greatful.

i hope you can understand everything

2. Scotty Dog

Scotty Dog www.myspace.com/elhig

I take it it's the Rapid Arnis number system your after ???

3. shoto-kali

shoto-kali The Chosen One

which 12 strike?

which 12 strike u were mentioning here?
    there's so many variation of 12 strike, i know 3-different 12 strike (illustrisimo, otcho-kantos & derubio) and none of them is resemble your 12 strike. your 1st 5 strike is the common cinco-terros strike or also known the original 5-strike.

4. Obi

Obi New Member

o crap sorry i ment the rapid arnis 12 strike pattern. we used it as a warm up in our class dont know the name of it but my instructor said "all the strikes we use in rapid arnis are strikes derived from this pattern".

if that helps you figure out what patter im on about

Last edited: Sep 4, 2005
  5. Freeform

Freeform Fully operational War-Pig Supporter

I'm sure Pat or Lucy will wonder by and complete your list ;)

6. Obi

Obi New Member

hopefully :)

7. Killbot

Killbot Valued Member

Hello,

I've been doing Modern Arnis for a little while now. If your Rapid Arnis 12 strikes start with the above seven, its a bit different, but I'm betting the target areas are the same. In ours, the foot that moves forward is the foot that is on the same side as the strike, not the opposite as it looks like above (but our first form\kata sets feet opposite weapon).

But onto the 12 strikes: (right handed)

1 <--- high
    2 ---> high
    3 <--- ribs
    4 --->ribs
    5 midsection stab
    6 straight chest stab right(lung, stomch,etc)
    7 straight chest stab left (turn wrist over, and stab...lung, liver, heart)
    8 ---> at a down angle to the left knee
    9<--- at a down angle to the right knee
    10 straight stab to high right (eye, temple, neck, cheek) similar to 6
    11 straight stab to high left (eye, temple, neck, cheek) similar to 7
    12 overhand hammering blow

Remember, foot forward with the strike.

Anway, that may be different, but I hope it helps.

8. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Rapid Arnis 12 Strikes

OK I just popped in and seen this thread and I am sure you have the first 7 strikes correct so I will give you the list here.
    Remember the striking pattern has been devised to make it a faster striking combination than some and at full speed you should be able to perform the 12 basic strikes in around 4 seconds with an uninterupted flow.

So here we go:
    Baston in Right hand with right leg forward:

Isa (1) Slash downward to left side of head, jaw, neck or shoulder to right hip.

Dalawa (2) Slash across to left hip, mid section to right hip or mid section of the body.

Tatlo (3) Slash across to right mid section or chest to the left mid section or chest.

Apat (4) Slash downward to right side of head, jaw, neck or shoulder to left hip.

Lima (5) Step in with left leg and check with left hand, Straight thrust to stomach or mid section of the body.

Anim (6) Downward and angled thrust to left side of chest, neck, throat, face or eye.

Pito (7) Stepping back in to right lead leg forward, backhand downward and angled thrust to right side of chest, neck, throat, face or eye.

Walo (8) Upward slash from right knee to left shoulder.

Siyam (9) Upward slash from left knee to right shoulder.

Sampu (10) Back hand fan (Abaniko) strike to left temple or eye.

Labing-Isa (11) Forehand fan (Abaniko) strike to right temple or eye.

Labindalawa (12) Powerfull circular downward strike (Redondo) to top of the head, following through back into the Serrada (Closed) Guard.

Hope this helps but your instructor Paul will be able to clarrify this and show you ways to help you remember this.

Best regards

Pat

9. shootodog

shootodog restless native

hope it helps??? funny man you are.

we've missed ya over here.

10. Pat OMalley

Pat OMalley Valued Member

Yeah sorry about that, but been travelling for the past few weeks teaching seminars, it's a hard life but I suppose someone has to do it.:D

Will be landing in Manila of the 1st December and then on to Cebu on the 10th then back home on the 10th January 2006.

Sooooo! the food, beer and stick fest is definately on and I am bringing a couple of my top people with me, Lucy and the kids too, so see you soon, and anything you require give me a PM, I will let you know which Hotel I will be in, hopefully will be meeting up with GM Roland Dantes again and we can spend a little more time together than last time too.

Best regards

Pat

11. Obi

Obi New Member

cheers pat that is exactly what i was after

12. shootodog

shootodog restless native

you know how to reach us...