12 second pushups...

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Noib Da Mutt, Oct 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam

Adam New Member

I'd be interested to know, who're the two MOST deadly men in the world? And why not go train with them instead of sticking with measely number 3? :D

2. Ad McG

Ad McG Troll-killer Supporter

Well, it seems that it's just gonna turn into another flame bait. Nothing good is going to come of this thread, so it is closed.

3. Knight_Errant

Knight_Errant Banned Banned

Last edited: Oct 13, 2004
  4. Ad McG

Well in light of this information, I have decided to reopen the thread. Let's all try to discuss this in a mature manner and keep the flaming to a minimum. Thanks.

5. Adam

Adam New Member

Then I hope that Noib will disclose who the two most deadly people in the world are. In a non-flaming way, of course. :cool:

6. Noib Da Mutt

Noib Da Mutt Banned Banned

that's actually a really good link, proves that the excercise will provide results, but there are better alternatives, which is all I ask for when someone says that I am wrong about something... And, just for the sake of defending my initial argument, he basically confirmed that slow repetition excercises accomplish the same thing that I said, of course he went into a little more depth, but hey, I was close to the mark... As for the most dangerous man thing, it's kind of irrelevant for the thread but for the sake of seeing if I can find anything, lemmie give it a look...

7. Sever

Sever Valued Member

Cro Cop and Fedor :D
    I had a go at the 12 second pushup thing; they were pretty tiring but I think I'll stick with regular and diamond ones

8. Ad McG

Please read and take this in:

The reason why people get really annoyed with you to the point that half the people on your threads just flame you, is that YOU DON'T LISTEN. I already replied to this thread with what you just said. Training can be good, better or best. You say that is all you ask for, but that is what you got and you replied with this:

The reason why we didn't put proof up before is because you always ignore the proof, a perfect example being on the squats thread where you ignored most of the posts with evidence and ignored virtually all the questions. Besides, you didn't post any proof yourself, as you never do so why should anyone else?

The most important point: People are trying to help you. If you listened more carefully and didn't instantly jump to the defensive when someone criticises your methods, we would all get a lot further. A little research wouldn't go amiss either. Trust me, you would be surprised at the increased productivity and efficiency in your workouts.

Don't take this offensively, it's just some friendly advice to help you and to stop you annoying other members with your posting style. You only get what you give.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2004
  9. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

I hate to quote myself here...but I will, since I'm still awaiting Noib's response. If I can get any decent answers from you to any of these questions, I think a lot of people here would be impressed, and take your advice with greater consideration. Of course, if you continue avoiding these direct questions, it would only serve to reinforce people's opinion of you. Please do the right thing, bro.

10. MarioBro

MarioBro Banned Banned

I do not want to start anything here but...

I am surprised they gave a moderator position to someone who seems to have a short fuse, is sarcastic and attacking at inappropriate times to an inappropriate degree...and seems to be on a power trip of sorts.

But maybe that is just my skewed perception, so I digress...

11. Tika

Tika New Member

Spend a little more time here. You'll find you were a little quick to judge.

12. MarioBro

MarioBro Banned Banned

No, actually I thought (I could be wrong) I gave it some time. I originally began reading this topic yesterday. Then I re-read it today. I still feel the same and I could be wrong, but I did not judge quickly for sure.

Maybe there is something I do not know (well I know there is alot I do not know, but that is besides the point)...

At any rate, no offence to anyone intended...just stating my viewpiont, right or wrong.

13. Ad McG

The phrase "I don't want to start anything here..." always leads to starting something :D

Let's put it this way: You obviously haven't seen many of this young mans posts. Looking at one thread and obviously one post directed at a specific user is a pretty poor way to assess whether somebody is worth being a moderator, especially when it seems like you don't come on these forums too often and you seemingly know nothing of the situation. I personally think this is a little judgemental. If you had read more posts from this user I think you will understand where I am coming from, as obviously some of the more experienced users do. I would have posted the exact same thing before I became a moderator, it makes no difference at all. It needed to be said.

As to your attacks on my character:

So you have concluded this from one post, am I right? Even if you have read more posts, you obviously don't know me too well. The decision to make someone a moderator is based on many things, and much deliberation is taken over the positions. It's nice when the owners and mods of such a large website have enough respect to dish out such a position to me. It is obviously a place of power, but you will find I have in no way abused it.

As a side note, are you not being a little hypocritical by commenting on attacks at inappropriate times? Please also explain how I am on a power trip, I'm not sure I understand. What was said to Noib needed to be said, as I'm sure others will confirm. The post was merely aimed at helping him get more out of the forum and more out of his training. Where is the power trip?

I meant what I said. If you had seen any of his posting background and contributed to some of the discussions we have had, I'm sure you would understand the reasoning behind my post.

If you would like to discuss this further, please PM me. If you have a problem with me being a moderator, please PM one of the global mods or admins.

+-Now let's get back to the topic...

Last edited: Oct 14, 2004
  14. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

Sorry you feel that way. Unfortunately, this isn't a choice you get any say in whatsoever.

Adam is very knowledge on his topic area, and is a good guy which is why he was chosen to be a moderator for this area by the Global Mods and Admin, who've been picking and choosing mods for a long time.

This area is one where people hold very strong views on whats right and wrong. I suggest you take a read back over Noib Da Mutts posts. Then take a look back over Adam's posts. If after that you still have a problem with Adam being a mod here, then thats a problem you have, and not us.

Thanks for listening. If you want to discuss this further, please PM me.

Now, thread back on topic, or its locked.

15. munkiejunkie

munkiejunkie sanity's requiem

slow pushups may make you sore but if you want something that works Noib, gohere

16. MarioBro

MarioBro Banned Banned

Well, it sounds like I may have misinterpreted, and if so I stand corrected. Part of my learning about this site is I guess by ruffling a few feathers here and there, and finding out who is who, by who backs up whom else.

Sorry Adam and KGirl if I offended or stepped in where I should not have. Eventually I will learn all the ins and outs and whos who. Until then, I am sure I will put my foot in my mouth once in a while :eek:...bare with me.

17. Ad McG

18. Colucci

Colucci My buddies call me Chris.

This quote(from the t-nation link), spoken by one of the researchers, at the conclusion of the study, speaks volumes more than I could hope to.

No, you're initial argument was that these push-ups were "good for muscle control" (a term which we're still waiting to define). Bro, I admire your eagerness to improve different training modalities, but as has been said (time and time again) there's a difference between helpful advice and dangerous advice, however well-intentioned it may have been. Just, please consider which one you're issuing, next time you post a new workout.

19. smak

smak Valued Member+

i kinda agree with mario.. i dont see any short fuses, quite the opposite but there are some very opinionated responses here.

the threads start may not have been articulated so diplomatically, but it suggested a new useful exercise method.. he was trying to help you guys, and you just pounced on him.

why is superslow useless for anything but bodybuilders? doesent the soreness denote the tearing/rebuilding of muscle tissue? you dont necesarily have to complete the exercise to failure to reap the benefit if you want to recover faster.

theres lots of great literature out there praising superslow techniques and outlining their benefits.. (although they all could have been based on poorly designed and biased studies i suppose)..

I recommend adam zickermans "Power of 10".. he was even on oprah! ;P

20. Saz

Saz Nerd Admin

I'll say the same thing to you I said to MarioBros. Read over his older posts, then decide. He has a history of posting workouts that are inaccurate at best, so its little wonder he was jumped on.

If I see one more post thats not on the topic of push ups, this thread is going to be locked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.