11 year old boxer

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by shootodog, Feb 8, 2005.

1. shootodog

shootodog restless native

2. Timmy!

Timmy! A Hypno-Toad In Disguise

Wow! :D

3. oldshadow

oldshadow Valued Member

Looks like it might be speeded up a little but even so the kid shows some real talent and good training.

4. faster than you

faster than you Valued Member

the kid looks great, but many people look great while hitting the pads or the bag. sparring/fighting is the true measure of martial skill.
    i know a pro boxing coach who recently was training a 19 year old who was brilliaNT DURING DRILLS, but then he sparred. he couldn't handle being hit in the face. he left the gym.

5. oldshadow

oldshadow Valued Member

This is very true I trained a kid one time that was very good in training and even sparing in the gym. When it came fight time and he took a couple of shots he tended to lose heart even if he was wining. That’s something you can’t really train and you never know until fight time.

6. HearWa

HearWa Ow, that hurt...

For the love of all that is holy, the kid is eleven. I think he's doing awesome! I was a chubby kid who played videogames all day at that age.

Plus, shootodog said "this is how I will train my son" not "this is my son training."

7. oldshadow

oldshadow Valued Member

No one said anything bad about the kid. He’s training hard which is a lot more then a lot of kids his age. The discussion was on boxing in general and Jr. fighters. For all we know he might be a great fighter in the ring. He sure looks good on the mitts. That says he’s getting good training and is working hard. If you can get an 11-year-old training that hard you are doing good.

8. Yukimushu

Yukimushu MMA addict

Wow, that kid puts me to shame! :D

Surely it can't be speeded up. - The guy skipping in the background seems to be going at a normal pace :)

9. funkymonk

funkymonk Valued Member

Doh!! It says that the file has expired :(