10,000 days (new Tool album)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Jik Bo Kuen, May 15, 2006.

1. Jik Bo Kuen

Jik Bo Kuen New Member

So what do the Tool fans around here think of it?

I wasnt to keen at first when I heard a couple of preview tracks, but now I love it to bits. I literally just can't put one track on, I find myself listening to the whole album every time it goes in my stereo. :D

Favourite tracks:
    Vicarious, Jambi, Wings for Marie, Right in two.

The artwork is just amazing, Alex Grey has really outdone himself, when you look at the inlay through the stereoscopic lenses its just amazing, the level of detail is phenomenal.

My verdict 9.5 out of 10 (I would give it 10, but I don't think its quite as good as Lateralus).

2. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

I like it, but it does still sound exactly the same. all tool songs do. infact, if i picked up my guitar now i could write a tool song for the next album :p . they are good but getting very predictable.

3. Gajah Silat

Gajah Silat Ayo berantam!

I may have to purchase the new album first, but I like a bit of Tool.

They are faultless live, though :)

4. Jik Bo Kuen

Jik Bo Kuen New Member

I thought that at first, but the more I listened to it the more I began to pick up on subtle differences between 10,000 days and their earlier work. I think they've become stylistically heavier, without becoming that heavy musically (if that makes any sense :D ). The way they've started to structure their songs reminds me of Meshuggah, yet is still distinctly Tool.

5. iamraisen

iamraisen Valued Member

people keep on giving this comparison but i have no idea where they get it from. i own everything both bands have ever done and cant for the life of me see any similarities

6. Yohan

Yohan In the Spirit of Yohan Supporter

Wow, are you serious?

You can pick up opiate and listen to it, then put in lateralus and think they sound exactly the same? Weird . . .

I think 10000 voices is a great album.

7. Novembers Paul

Novembers Paul New Member

Tool is strange for me. I love the band, but not all the songs. I tend to like the more "radio friendly" songs, and the more experimental, "out there" stuff gets pretty boring to me. I think A Perfect Circle has more songs I enjoy overall.