Debunking Dynamo Jack!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Area' started by Lad_Gorg, Aug 15, 2013.

1. Lad_Gorg

Lad_Gorg Valued Member

I apologize if this has shown up here before, but a MAP search revealed nothing but other chi related threads.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaXvtF69Vog"]John Chang AKA Dynamo Jack - The Powers Of Meditation - YouTube[/ame]

Old footage that a friend recently sent to me. And I want you guys to shred it open with skepticism.

So first off let's get rid of that pesky trick where he sets the paper on fire. With that I present:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3rhGctGl2Q"]Chi energy revealed! - YouTube[/ame]

OK so DJ isn't above cheap parlor tricks.

Now those electric "chi" shocks. How do we feel about hypnotism as being the cause? It's likely that he hypnotizes them as they enter his "hospital", for lack of a better word, and that makes his patients more susceptible to his suggestions. As evidence of this at 6:38 (of the fisrt clip) the Greg guy doesn't seem to get effected by the shocks. IMO he'd be a prime candidate for a skeptic which would make him near impossible to hypnotize. I don't think it's too far out there, especially since Derren Brown has proven to me that hypnotism can be a really effective tool.

The LED lights strike me as very interesting. At this point I get the feeling that the film crew may have been in on the tricks. At 8:20 in the clip, where the LED lights, it's hard to tell if they are hiding any wires thanks to the odd camera angle, but it's clear to see that they weren't when DJ lets go of the wire at the end of the segment. Another explanation is that they could have also had a chap with a laser pointer or some other light source aimed at the bulb from above. Views, alternatives?
    He also holds that it's "chi" and not "electricity" why would he be able to light an LED?

The pushing the chop stick through the table is not very interesting IMO. But if you have explanation have at it.

So yeh let's see what happens, tear DJ apart!